Stay In Touch With Your Soul!



0 comments
I just finished viewing the award ceremony at the Constitution Center in Philadelphia, where Steven Spielberg was presented with this year's medal of Liberty for his amazing index of movies expressing the indomitable human spirit. It was the final show of a list that I've seen this weekend beginning with Oprah's interview of Mike Tyson, a movie made in Quebec titled The Courage to Love, and a show featuring charities that are accomplishing wonderful opportunities for individuals in our country. I felt breathless. I wept through many of these shows, and especially during the Awards presentation.

Whoopy Goldberg topped the list of speakers as she acknowledged who Steven had to be personally to be aware and to be willing to produce such amazing epics of life. With humor she truly embodied the reality of what Steven has given us.

President Bill Clinton, was very impressive also, but the prize tonight, still went to Steven, for his expression of the importance of art in our world today. He spoke of his parents encouraging him to memorize The Declaration of Independence, or The Gettysburg Address. He spoke of how lyrical they are, and how that ingredient alone keeps us reminded of the important values they express. Beautifully he wove his presentation back to the importance to all of us of the arts, how they nourish us, inform us, and inspire us; how we must continue to support the development of art all over the world. He also, reminded us of how the arts keep us in touch with our own soul. I stand reminded and grateful to Steven for what he's done with his career, for his reminders and his gifts to life on this planet. I will stay in touch with my soul, Steven. Thank you!

I also, salute television this weekend. I have observed programming at other times which was less than wholesome, but this weekend my time in front of the tube was very sacred.

With love and gratitude,
Denny Daikeler

0 comments:

newer post older post