The Art of Writing and Publishing



1 comments
What an amazing life. You spend years and years, learning, digesting, integrating. And then you've taken in so much that you've grown a thesis. You decide you need to write it down. So you enter the world of writing, rewriting, rereading, rewriting! On and on. Then you finsih something you call "a book." And you find you've only just begun! You love the book, but getting an agent, a publisher, and others to even want to read the book, let alone support it, is as challenging as all those years of beginning!

But what an amazing growth. I mean to decide that you have something to say (you hope,) and then how you're going to say it, and then coming up with another perspective that needs a rewrite is really just like living, isn't it? I mean you decide who you think you are, and you take baby steps, and then more steps, and then it works, and then you get a new idea of who you are or what you believe, and you have to turn a corner, or move, or quit a job or, or, or. One thing all of this living, OR writing does though, is keeps one on a path to being conscious about whatever it is they're exploring? LOL!

The ups and downs, reevaluation, contemplation, and almost self destruction that I've gone through in the process of writing my first book, and now my second, has gifted me with a process that I had no idea would grow me up. I thought I was already grown up. I didn't have a clue.

So anyway, my second book is complete, and I'm standing on the threshold of the second part, that of publishing. This book differs from my first in some way, so it needs a different publisher and therefore a different agent. Where to start is certainly the biggest question up.

So along comes a contest, Next Top Author, for "Spiritual" books (aren't all books spiritual ?)
and it appears as a beautiful door into creating the process of how to get published again, getting some attention, entering a network. All of this is to ask you to now vote for me in this contest! But not really all. I am truly in awe of this dynamic in life, my life anyway. And craizness of all craziness, I've got a new idea, a new book, it started in my head yesterday! Life just keeps getting juicier.

Please vote for me in this wonderful contest. A description of the book etc. is on the profile where you'll vote. Read it and then decide if I deserve your vote or if the book resonates with you:

www.nexttopauthor.com/profile.cfm?aid-1226

Thank you!

1 comments:

Anonymous at: 10:05 PM said...

wow, grandmom!!! amazing work!

newer post older post